Here’s where you start making your connection to the hundreds of volunteers that keep Folding@home running and the hundreds of thousands that donate their unused computer power to make it the world’s largest distributed super computer.
Dig in, get the help you need, and when you’re ready, offer your own expertise and support. We need it!
Start here for help and news
These pages and the forum are maintained by members of the folding community from around the world. You can learn more about the people involved with our project.
You’ll find a large library of Frequently Asked Questions lower on this page.
If you need help or have questions about installing the software read the Installation Guides
A very active forum with helpful moderators, the Folding@home Support Forum is the place to find help and answers you don’t find here.
Active donors keep up to date through Folding News, our blog.
A quick history
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Index
- Main FAQ (Start Here!)
- Short summary of what FAH does and how it works
- Press FAQ – for journalists writing about FAH
- Folding@home article on Wikipedia
- Quick Guide to FAH V7
FAQs on FAH Software
- Installation Guides
- Introduction to V7 (current software)
- Intermediate V7 FAQ
- Version 6 (previous software)
FAQs on Specific Topics
- Science behind FAH
- Diseases Studied
- Passkey (for security and bonus points)
- Simulation FAQ – how FAH’s simulations work
- Best Practices FAQ
- Open Source
- High Performance FAQ
- SMP FAQ for Multi-core CPUs (SMP cores a1-a5)
- GPU2 FAQ for Graphics Processing Units (core 16)
- GPU3 FAQ for Graphics Processing Units (core 15)
- PS3 FAQ (retired)
FAH Calculation Cores (FahCores)
- GROMACS (core 78, 79, 7a-7c, 80, 81, a0-a5)
- ProtoMol (core b4)
- SHARPEN (core 20)
- AMBER (core 82) (Retired)
- Quantum MD (core 96) (Retired)
For More Information, Please See:
Last Updated on July 16, 2013, at 10:41 AM